Making a Difference
What’s really exciting and unique about Habitat’s work is that we provide opportunities for many people and organizations to get involved. When we work together to help families become successful homeowners, we create successful communities.
Creating affordable housing is a community effort and Habitat for Humanity of Portage County strives to create fulfilling volunteer experiences. There are a wide range of opportunities available for groups and individuals. Volunteers can help with home construction, office support, family services, fundraising, the ReStore, and many other aspects of Habitat’s work.
Below you will find a listing of current opportunities. In addition to these opportunities, we are always looking for volunteers to join a committee or to work on our houses. Sign-up to volunteer with Habitat today!
- Floor Sales: Reliable volunteers to help with floor sales during hours of operation.
- Cashier: Mature, trustworthy individual to work at check out.
- Driver Helper: A volunteer to assist with pick up of donated items.
IT Support Team Members
Several volunteers needed to develop an IT support team for the Habitat Office. Volunteers would assist with email/software issues, network connections, server concerns, etc. Multiple volunteers are necessary so that when issues arise, office staff members can find an individual who is available at that time.
Volunteer Construction Leaders
Volunteers needed to lead other volunteers in the construction process under the overall direction of the General Contractor. Construction and renovation experience helpful, but not required. Workdays are typically Saturdays from 8:00am – 4:00pm and lunch is provided. Positions needed:
- Site Supervisor: Assists in managing the construction or rehabilitation of an entire house. Will assist Crew Leaders in training and motivating building volunteers. He or she must be able to oversee one or more workdays per month.
- Crew Leader: Oversees specific tasks, such as framing, finished carpentry, and drywall hanging and siding or roofing finishing. Will train, support, and encourage volunteers working on the specific task.